Promises, Promises Minister Simpson
Minister Simpson wrote a letter to the Post Newspapers with promises to Subiaco Council, and residents of the South Ward.
- The City of Perth legislation has bipartisan support.
- There will be changes to Subiaco Council boundaries with the forcible removal of some 3,000 residents.
- The Bill has allowed ample time for a ward review to be carried out with a six week consultation process, be for July 1.
- The ward review has no impact on the validity of the Bill.
- Perth City Council will continue to provide a level of service to meet the expectations of 3,000 residents forcibly removed from the City of Subiaco.
The Post Newspapers, 13 February 2016