Vote of No Confidence in the Mayor
There have been three calls for a vote of no confidence in the Mayor. The first was at the December 2018 Annual Elector’s Meeting, the second was at the Annual Elector’s Meeting in December 2019 and the most recent was at the Special Elector’s Meeting on 24 February 2020.
Each time this issue comes up Mayor Penny Taylor deflects the reasons as having no legal effect or to diminish her standing. She has never conceded her mistakes or expressed any contrition that her conduct is not up to community standards and expectations.
The Post Newspaper has revealed over the past two year why there is no confidence in Mayor Penny Taylor:
- During her election campaign she made promises directly to residents and then ignored them
- Her statements at Council meetings are demeaning to those present in the public gallery
- She claims to support business and calls residents and former elected members “foot stampers”
- She has failed to negotiate any compensation from the Vesting Order or the 99 year lease contract with WA Football Commission from the State Government takeover of Subiaco Oval Reserve
- She has failed in her duty to represent the electors of Subiaco in the negotiations for 6,140 additional dwellings in LPS5
- She has failed retail and hospitality businesses on Subiaco shopping strips which are in desperate need of bright clean streets and footpaths and the conversion of Hay and Roberts Road to two way traffic
- Mayor Taylor presided over the FAILED Peyton Investigation Reports designed to bully, marginalise and intimidate councillors that were not part of her voting bloc during 2018 and 2019.
- She failed the petitioners by locking some of them out of the Special Elector’s Meeting after she wrote them a personal letter claiming she want to hear their concerns.
Special Elector’s Meeting 24 February 2020
Annual Elector’s Meeting December 2018
Thank you for reading my website. If there are any omissions, factually incorrect information or errors in this post, please let me know and I will correct and republish.