Julie Matheson

Business Specialist CFP | Local Government Expert | Political Adviser

Ruby Hutchison House 1904

Ruby Hutchison House is named after Ruby Hutchison the first woman Member of Parliament (1954) in the Legislative Council, representing the Labor Party.  Ruby founded the Choice Magazine (1959) and the WA Epilepsy Association in 1963.

This heritage house is a Federation Queen Anne Gentlemen’s Villa built by Robert William Prior Gulley with four entries, 5 rooms, bathroom, a grand hallway, and ornate plaster ceilings, plus outdoor dunny.  Later additions included another room, hallway extension, and kitchen. From 1947-53 the premises was used as rental premises.


Renovations and restoration of the rear of Ruby Hutchison House 2012/2013

%d bloggers like this: